Monday, June 4, 2007

Labrynthitis

Yesterday I had an attack of Labyrinthitis. I hate it when that happens, it comes on suddenly and there is nothing I can do about it. I get really dizzy/spinning and nauseous and the only cure is to go back to bed. Because of it I missed church and someone had to teach my primary class at the last minute. I stayed in bed most of the day and by evening I was feeling better but had to be careful about moving my head suddenly less the spinning return. I am grateful that I only get this a few times a year and it only lasts a day or so. I have heard of people having this for weeks, months or even years. I know that I become non-functional when it happens and I can't imagine what it would be like for more than a day.

1 comment:

mclynch said...

So sorry to hear that you were ill yesterday. I have never heard of this illness. I have been dizzy, etc when the inner ear is out of balance but never heard of the illness where it reoccurs regularly. Hope you are better today. I did miss you at church yesterday.

The Family

The Family
Kurt II, Mom, David, Cornell, Kurt, Heather

Kurt II, David, Heather, Cornell

Kurt II and Adrienne

Kurt II and Adrienne