Saturday, June 2, 2007

Stuck at 48th and "O"

My van decided to die at the intersection of 48th and "O" heading south. I was the third of forth car back in the inside lane when the van just died and I started smelling gas. I sat there for a few minutes with no offers of help trying to reach Kurt, who was in court. Finally I realized I might be able to coast backward and turn into the super saver exit if I could get up enough speed. Thank goodness they put in that new light because it gave me time to coast across three lanes and into the exit. Then some nice people helped push the car into a parking space. Kurt got out of court and came and then my mother-in-law picked me up. The problem: There was no clamp on the fuel line. I have been driving that car for about two months, all over Lincoln and to and from Omaha. I guess I can be thankful it died where it did and not on I-80.

1 comment:

mclynch said...

Having your vehicle break down on the road is always bad but some places are not as bad as others. Yes, I agree much better at 48th and O than in Omaha or on the interstate. The Lord had you in Lincoln before the van failed!
He loves you !!!

The Family

The Family
Kurt II, Mom, David, Cornell, Kurt, Heather

Kurt II, David, Heather, Cornell

Kurt II and Adrienne

Kurt II and Adrienne