Friday, March 9, 2007

100 things about me

1. Born and raised in San Diego, CA
2. Adopted at birth
3. Met my birth mother at age 20
4. Lived in the Philippines for 3 years
5. I like hot and humid
6. Bavarian mint chocolate meltaways are the best
7. Adopted 4 of my children
8. My two birth children are 13 years apart
9. Tired of troubled kids
10. Exercise better with a partner
11. Miss the mountains
12. Miss the beach
13. Why am I in Nebraska?
14. Adopted kids in the Philippnes, Virginia and Utah
15. Lived just outside Washington DC
16. Love fireworks
17. Watched the National firewoks over the Potomic for the 4th of July
18. Watched the National firewoks on "The Mall" for the end of the Persian Gulf war – AWESOME
19. Lived in Utah
20. Lived in Colorado
21. Have a BS degree in Physical Education from BYU
22. Accepted to BYU at 16 (started at 17)
23. Graduated from BYU at 33
24. Worked for the BYU Women's Basketball Team
25. Know the insides of the Marriott Center
26. Member of BYU's varsity club even though never played on a team
27. Have a great movie collection
28. Love the DVR
29. Just disovered blogging
30. Spent 8 years following DH in the Air Force
31. Loved being an Air Force wife.
32. Detest the cold (why am I in Nebraska?)
33. Want a log house someday
34. Want a Jeep Liberty with the licence plate 1776.
35. "Scarcrow and Mrs. King" is my all time favorite TV series
36. Favorite author is Dorothy Keddington
37. Favorite movie is Sound of Music
38. Have two RADishes
39. Know the emotional roller coaster of mentally ill children
40. Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
41. Started doing foster care on my 24th birthday
42. Look younger than 43 (at least that is what I am told)
43. Work out at the YMCA
44. Graduated from high school early
45. My daughter graduated from high school early
46. Doesn't take a genius to graduate early just smarts and perserverance
47. My oldest son is in the Army
48. My high school was called Valhalla, a nice original name
49. There are no original named high schools in Lincoln (Lincoln Southeast, Lincoln High, Lincoln East, Lincoln Northeast, Lincoln Southwest, Lincoln Northstar)
50. Lincoln calls itself the "Star City"
51. I grew up on Rockwood Road (semi original name)
52. Now I live on South 50th St. – boring
53. Best friends in high school were Melanie and Allison
54. Best friends in college were Jennifer, Laura and Winella
55. Best friend now is Kurt my dear sweet hubby
56. I am deaf in my right ear and hard of hearing in my left.
57. I watch TV with the captioning on.
58. If a show isn't captioned I won't watch it.
59. I don’t like going to movies because they are hard to understand
60. Thanks for MOPIX, now I can go to a movie once in a while
61. San Diego has terrible water
62. After 43 years I am finally learning to like water
63. Still don't like tap water
64. Super Saver water is good
65. and only $0.08 a gallon
66. Love my Camelback water bttle with bite valve
67. Will get to try out my camelback backpack this summer
68. I get to go to girls camp this summer
69. I have backpacked up Mt. San Jacinto – twice
70. Mt. San Jacinto is known as the cactus to clouds hike because it starts in the palm desert and goes to 10,831 feet
71. I love backpacking
72. I hate preparong for backpacking.
73. I don't wear makeup
74. I tell my family that 9:00-10:00 pm is my time
75. I am not crafty at all
76. I am very organized
77. I teach CPR/first aid
78. I am a "Love and Logic" parent (at least I try to be)
79. I drive a Dodge Caravan (our 4th)
80. The Lincoln Children's Museum is great
81. I don't like snow
82. I don't need seasons
83. I don't like daylight savings time
84. I like the sun coming up early
85. I am a jeans and t-shirt girl.
86. I wear dresses when I have to
87. Favorite musicians are Neil Diamond and Michael McLean
88. I am a fair weather camper
89. Did I mention I don't like the cold
90. I can read a good book over and over
91. I have read the entire Work and The Glory Series
92. I love the Harry Potter books
93. I have read every Harry Potter book more than once
94. I like the Harry Potter movies
95. July 21, 2007 will be a huge reading day.
96. Love fish tacos, yes fish
97. I have been married 23 years
98. Favorite sport - baseball/softball
99. Tried out for the softball team in high school and was cut.
100. Made the basketball team
Well it was supposed to be 100 but I had a few more
101. Never started a game
102. Softball was a winter sport and girls basketball was a spring sport
103. I dream of carving a wood chain
104. I enjoy fising
105. David was born on my 36th birthday
106. Nebraska is a good place to raise a family
107. Love Disneyland.
108. and Sea World
109. and Knotts Berry Farm
110. and The San Diego Zoo
111. and the Henry Dorly Zoo is pretty cool too
112. But in the off season when there are less crowds
113. Disneyland can be fun in the rain (never snows there so don’t have to worry about that)
114. Need to end on a good number
115. So this is the end

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Kurt II, Mom, David, Cornell, Kurt, Heather

Kurt II, David, Heather, Cornell

Kurt II and Adrienne

Kurt II and Adrienne